Timeline

Mr. Ralph Kenyon and Mr. Dan Regan founded Kenyon in the early 1950's and were joined by Mr. Vic Stevens in the 1960s.  The original Kenyon building was a 23,000-square foot two level building and was decommissioned in April of 2000 and torn down in 2013.

 

1953

Mr. Kenyon, Regan, and Stevens built the Regan warehouse now known as C-1 which consisted of 16,400 square feet of usable space. They also built the Stevens warehouse now known as C-4 which consisted of 16,400 square feet of usable refrigerated space.

 

1975

Mr. Kenyon, Regan, and Stevens sold the partnership to the current owners in 1975 and the name changed to Kenyon Zero Storage, Inc. (Kenyon). Those current owners were involved in agricultural related businesses and reside within a 50-mile radius of the company's headquarters in Grandview, WA.

 

1976

In 1976 Kenyon Zero Storage, Inc. bought the vegetable processing plant in Grandview, WA and the adjoining cold storage now known as C-5, from Libby McNeil & Libby. The vegetable plant was leased out to several different lessees between 1976 and 1990 when Kenyon sold the vegetable plant.

 

1984

Kenyon expanded the C-1 building calling the addition the Regan 2 Building now known as C-2.  C-2 was Kenyon’s first steel building with insulated panels. The building was one of the first paneled cold storage warehouses constructed in the region. The building consisted of 50,400 square feet of racked warehouse space.

 

1988

The demand for cold storage space was in great need in the Yakima Valley.  Kenyon constructed the Standlee building now known as C-6. This building is a 57,600-square foot steel insulated paneled building and is located a few blocks down the street from the main office.

 

1989

Demand for cold storage space continued to rise and Kenyon constructed the Fox building now known as C-7 which is connected to the Standlee building, C-6. The two building are enclosed by a breeze way which allows them to share the same truck dock. The Fox building, C-7, consists of 49,839 square feet.

 

1990

Kenyon sold the vegetable processing plant and invested the proceeds into another Insulated metal panel warehouse called the Littig building or C-8 which consists of 110,000 square feet of storage space and 20,000 square feet of dock.

 

1993

In 1993 Kenyon constructed the Warren building or C-9 located next to the Lettig building, C-8.  C-9 has 67,100 square feet of storage space.

 

1996

Kenyon purchased back the vegetable plant and leased it back to other vegetable processors.  Kenyon also purchased an additional 20 acres in Grandview for additional future expansion.

 

1998

Kenyon expanded to the town of Prosser, eight miles east of Grandview. The warehouse in Prosser is over 202,000 square feet and is known as the Weigel Complex. The warehouse is comprised of 110,000 square feet of frozen storage space and 62,092 of refrigerated space along with truck and rail docks.

 

2008

The Prosser Weigel Complex expanded and Kenyon constructed another warehouse, C-13. The new warehouse consists of 84,500 square feet.  Kenyon sold the vegetable plant which was transformed into a French fry plant.  In 2010 the French fry plant burnt down.  The owner cleaned up the site and Kenyon repurchased the land and remaining buildings that did not burn.

 

2014

Kenyon expanded into the City of Pasco, WA, 45 miles east of Grandview. The warehouse consists of over 200,000 square feet of space and is known as C-14. The

Pasco warehouse also incorporated the latest technologies for lighting, material handling, chargers, and RF.

 

2015

Demand in the Columbia Basin had risen during the first year of the Pasco operation and Kenyon added over 200,000 square feet to the existing C-14. In this phase of construction, Kenyon added rail access to the Pasco building bringing the square footage to over 400,000 square feet.